Holiday Health & Beauty Routine
Holidays are times when we busy people get busier. In today’s world we are “on call” 24/7 due to text messages, Twitter and Facebook. Keeping up your daily routine for health and beauty will actually help you feel a little more in control. You will also feel happier come New Years Day when you realize you don’t have to start over to maintain your sense of well being.
The following advice I give to keep you on track during the Holidays:
- Always remove your makeup at night before retiring, not matter how late it is. This will ensure a clean clear skin in the morning free of new break outs and lack luster.
- Try to maintain your workout routine at least by half during this time. Staying on your routine means you might think twice before having that “extra” dessert at a party.
- Drink plenty of water to combat the “salty” foods and alcohol that you don’t usually consume at Holiday events. Salt and alcohol “bloat” the skin and make the face and eyes look swollen. Water flushes out the system of these additional toxins.
- Getting enough sleep is always a challenge during this time. Try to grab a quick “cat nap” to help revive the look of your skin before an event.
- Schedule a facial for some relaxation time. You will find your skin looks rejuvenated and refreshed.
- Make a “quiet time” for yourself either early in the morning or late at night. Just 15 minutes to de-stress, concentrate on being grateful, and sending loving prayers and thoughts to people you know who are in need. Medical facts show doing this actually lowers the blood pressure and heart rate.
Each year the Holidays seem to come and go so quickly. Make the best of it with friends and family, and remember to take a little time for yourself. Have a wonderful Holiday Season!