Skin Care Benefits Of A Good Night’s Sleep
We all know the benefits that a good night’s sleep can bring. That is why adults need to get 7-9 hours of sleep a night for the body to be working at its optimum rate. People lacking in sleep have problems that include weight gain, depression and mood swings. The body is at a higher risk for heart disease, diabetes and the inability to handle stress.
These are all medical reasons to get a good night’s sleep. Cosmetically, a lack of sleep results in dark circles, puffy eyes, and sallow skin.
So in order to have your skin care routine have the best results possible, I encourage my client’s to create a healthy sleep routine. Eight things I recommend to get a good night’s sleep.
- Create a sleep schedule and try to stick by it. Research shows that going to bed and rising the same time everyday helps the body to recharge itself naturally.
- Try to avoid looking at Computers and Television an hour before sleeping. There is a blue tone light that confuses our body clock as to what time of day it is.
- Sleep in a dark room with black out shades if possible. This allows the body to go into a deeper sleep pattern.
- Keep temperatures at a cooler level so as to not interrupt your sleep by getting overheated.
- Take a warm bath with Hops or Lavender extract to relax the muscles shortly before retiring.
- Try reading relaxing or positive material before sleep to avoid thinking about the stresses of the day.
- Getting sunlight during the day and exercise will increase the quality of your sleep. Try to add this into your daily routine.
- Listening to a type of “white noise” whether it is a fan or sound machine will affect your brain waves and relax you.
I guarantee if you start improving your sleeping habits, you will see a dramatic improvement in your skin. Looking great is something that comes from treating your body well and following a good skin care routine.