Great Skin Care Secrets For The Holiday Season
The Holidays are a time when we all seem to socialize more. There are numerous parties and events that are planned. Many of these events are filled with food and beverages that we don’t consume on a regular basis. Enjoying these parties is part of what makes the Holidays more festive. I am a believer in indulging, but only enough to taste the foods so you don’t miss out. I’ve listed some things you can do to help you get through the Party Season without feeling like you have to check into a Spa on January 1st.
- Try going to the event slightly full. Eat some of your healthy regular foods at home before arriving at the party. This way you won’t overindulge because you are starving.
- Salty foods can make the eyes look puffy. Stay away from the chips and salty hors d’oeuvres. These foods really don’t fill you up, and the next morning you’ll see how swollen your eyelids look.
- When drinking alcohol, try to have one glass of water to one glass of alcohol. It is important to flush out the alcohol from your system. Many people are allergic to the tannins in wine, and also find they get puffy the more they drink.
- Try eating foods with less dairy. Dairy products are known to create breakouts in certain people. Also people who are lactose intolerant find their stomach swells with a reaction.
- Stick to high protein foods and try to eat smaller amounts of carbohydrates. The carbohydrates tend to retain water and actually will make the scale register a little higher the next morning.
- Be sure to remove all your makeup and cleanse properly when you get home. This will insure your skin will not have additional breakouts in the morning, and your skin will look fresher.
I am a firm believer in enjoying life with moderation. Don’t deprive yourself! Enjoy a little bit of all that is offered. Your skin will be happier as you enter 2013.